Since Salam LADC began its international volunteering platform at the beginning of 2016, the organization has hosted more than 450 volunteers from over 30 different countries. If you are interested in gaining experience through working with our team on the ground, participating and contributing to programs here in Lebanon, you are most welcome to apply!
While we need volunteers from all kinds of backgrounds, there are particular skills that we are looking for that are necessary in order to maintain a number of our existing programs. And of course being able to stay longer means your will get to know the programs much better and consequently be able to have a much greater impact.
Particular skills we need support with:
- The ability to run or help teach English classes from absolute beginners to conversational students.
- Skills in assisting students with basic numeracy and literacy in English and Maths.
- Strong Arabic skills (able to translate in the field).
- Working in early childhood education and with developmental play for young children.
- Musical accompaniment for a children’s choir – Piano, guitar etc.
- Interest and skills in helping the organisation with fundraising applications.
- Yoga teaching experience.
- Tech and software skills.
- Ability to drive in lebanon – this is more helpful than you think! (Just remember that you need an International Driving Permit that must be obtained in your home country).
Please find below the Volunteer Information Packet for more information about volunteering with Salam.
Looking forward to hearing from you!